What is it?
A Subject Access Request (SAR) is a request sent from a data subject to a Data Controller requesting information about themselves.
It is a legal requirement under the Data Protection Act (DPA) for the data controller to comply with this request within a 40 day timescale as outlined in the DPA.
Subject Access Request Templates
Data Protection Act Subject Access Request
ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)
Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.
Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.
If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.
I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.
If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.
I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.
Account No/ No’s xxxxxx
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST
I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts And or credit cards
Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING Loans and or credit cards, payment protection insurance and other products. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:
- Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.
- A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts and or credit card with your organization.
- Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
- Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial information, or which pertains to me.
- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.
- Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.
I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.
IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.
I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.
Sign your signature and put a line through it so you will know if you see it again You never know
Download this file
MS Word Format: SAR.doc
List of all letters | Information Commissioner | Data Controller | Data Subject | Automatic SAR Generator